Dirty Laundry (A Tucker Springs Novel)

Dirty Laundry - Heidi Cullinan I’m really liking this series. Tucker Springs is turning into quite an interesting place. I had no idea what to expect from Denver in Dirty Laundry. He was great and I loved him as a supporting character in Second Hand, but readers were introduced to a whole new Denver in this book. He had a vulnerability that we didn’t see in the first book. I kinda liked that side of him though.Then there was Adam. He was a psychological mess in this Dirty Laundry. There’s really no other way to put it. On the surface it seemed like he was going from one dependent relationship to another, but even though Denver was ‘in charge’ and beyond dominant in their relationship, there was a lot more to it than that. Besides that, underneath all that macho, tough guy exterior, Denver had his own personal demons he was trying to fight. What made this whole relationship work was the fact that Denver ended up needing Adam almost as much as Adam needed him. Dominant or not, I loved Denver’s patience and understanding with Adam. I think that may have been what I liked best about their relationship.The supporting characters were fun in this one too. There were some familiar and some new. El and Paul were back, and I loved seeing them again. We saw more of Jase too and since I haven’t read his book yet, I liked the extra face time he had in Dirty Laundry. As for the new characters, Brad was fun to hate and I absolutely adored Louisa.Even though I loved the relationship between Adam and Denver, there were aspects of Dirty Laundry that were hard for me to read, namely the sex scenes. They were intense and graphic and at times they not only made me uncomfortable but literally made me squirm. I’m not complaining or even upset that those aspects of Dirty Laundry took me out of my comfort zone though. Sometimes that’s not only a good thing, but a very necessary thing. Besides that, they drew a very vivid picture of who these characters were. If those scenes would have been muted or just skimmed over the impact wouldn’t have been the same and it honestly wouldn’t have stayed true to the characters.If you’re in doubt about whether or not Dirty Laundry is a book you’d be interested in, you can read the first chapter on Heidi Cullinan’s website. It will give you a pretty good idea of the overall tone of this one.The next book in the Tucker Springs series is due to be released in March of 2013 and was written by LA Witt. I still have to go back and read the first book, Where Nerves End, which was also written by Witt. I’m kind of curious to see how another writer handles the Tucker Springs crew of characters.