Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races Series #3)

Serpent's Kiss - Thea Harrison I’m not exactly sure what I was expecting from Serpent’s Kiss, but it wasn’t this. I knew that I was going to like the book, that was a given. I came into this series late, but it didn’t take me long to become a true fan. What took me by surprise wasn’t that I liked this book so much, it was simply because I didn’t expect to fall in love with Carling and Rune. It was a very pleasant surprise. ;)So why didn’t I think I was going to get wrapped up in this story? Carling and Rune both irritated me in Storm’s Heart. I knew that Thea Harrison had a plan for these two, but I just didn’t see how she was going to turn my attitude toward them around. Let me just say, she did an amazing job. Even though Serpent’s Kiss shows a side to these characters that I didn’t expect, it didn’t take me long to get totally wrapped up in their story. I ended up loving them as much as I loved getting to know the other characters before them. Rune and Carling’s eventual love and devotion to each other was heart breaking because it seemed so hopeless and they fought it so hard. Everything and everyone seemed to be against them, but they put their trust in each other. Aren’t those the best love stories?Carling and Rune weren’t the only surprises in this book. One of the reasons why I like these books so much is you never know what to expect or exactly who you should trust. Allies come from unexpected places and so do enemies. It keeps things really interesting and ensures that you will be turning pages till the very end.I know I’ve taken my time jumping on the Elder Races band wagon, but there is one advantage to that delay. I don’t have a long wait for Oracle’s Moon, the next book in the series. I’m not going to spoil anything by saying more, just in case you haven’t read any of the books in the series. Let’s just say I can’t wait to see how Thea Harrison makes me fall in love with this couple. I have no doubt that she will, but it’s definitely going to be interesting.