Anathema (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #1)

Anathema - Megg Jensen I picked this book up from my local book store on Friday afternoon, started reading it later that evening and barely put it down until I finished. I fell in love with the concept of this story and Megg's writing when I read the first chapter on the web. I knew from that point I just had to find out more about Reychel's story. I read just about anything, but I love YA fantasy and this story didn't disappoint. Reychel had been a slave for most of her life. She felt as if she was nothing special and had only one true friend. When she woke up on her 15th birthday she discovered that even that friend was gone. She knew that her 15th birthday would be a turning point in her life, but little did she know that it would turn out the way that it did. Reychel comes a long way in this first installment of Megg Jensen's Cloud Prophet Trilogy, and she obviously has a long way to go. The story is fast paced and just right for a weekend read (unless you are like me and just can't put it down.) There is romance, betrayal, magic, suspense and quite a bit of mystery as Reychel begins to realize things about herself that she never would have imagined. I have Oubliette ready and waiting to read, and if you are planning on reading Anathema, I would suggest doing the same. The end of this first installment doesn't leave you hanging desperately, but you are definitely going to want to know what happens next.