Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #12)

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #12) - Yep, it’s confession time again. I’ve read every Sookie Stackhouse book in the series. As a matter of fact, I’ve read several of them more than once – and no, that’s not the confession. The real reason that I’m coming clean here is because this is the very first Sookie Stackhouse book that I’ve written a review for. I know, that’s totally unacceptable and I honestly plan on fixing that eventually. In my defense, I didn’t start out reviewing every book that I read. I actually skipped the reviews on popular books because I figured I had nothing to add to the 100′s of reviews that were already submitted. Long story short, I’ve learned my lesson and I now review every book I read. Once I find time and get the urge to revisit Sookie’s world from beginning to end I’ll take care of my lapse in judgement and add my reviews in the mix. Now, back to my review of Deadlocked.Things haven’t gotten any easier for Sookie. Eric is still her boyfriend, Sam is still her boss (and business partner but no one is supposed to know that), Bill is still in love with her and her Fae relatives are still as mysterious (and scary at times) as usual. The only thing that ever really changes for Sookie is where the danger in her life is coming from.So if it’s always the same old thing, why do I stick with the series? Simple. I like the characters. I like Jason’s simpleness. I like Eric’s arrogance and Pam’s aloofness (with everyone but Eric and Sookie.) I like Sam’s loyalty to Sookie and his friends (even though his taste in women leaves little to be desired.) I even enjoy Bill’s not so subtle reminders to Sookie that he is the vampire she should be with. Reading another installment of this series is like meeting old friends after not seeing them for a while.So what about Deadlocked itself? There were a few twists and turns and even a few surprises. Sookie came to a few realizations, but I don’t know if she’s any closer to figuring out who her HEA will finally be. As far as who I think she should end up with? This may be hard to believe, but I don’t have an opinion one way or another. I’ve stuck with Charlaine Harris through this journey so far and I’m perfectly willing to see it through and accept whoever she has determined Sookie should be with. I have to admit though that it is time for the series to come to a close. I’ve enjoyed my time in Bon Temps, but all great journeys need to end sooner or later and I’ll be perfectly content to say good-bye once I read the final chapter in Dead Ever After.