The Gravedigger's Brawl

The Gravedigger's Brawl - Abigail Roux From the very first chapter of this book, I was hooked. This is the first book that I’ve read by Abigail Roux and I wasn’t sure what to expect. The description caught my eye… anything paranormal usually does, but it was the characters that kept me reading. They were witty, smart and the dialogue was seamless. I loved it!The first thing that I thought when Wyatt was first introduced was that he was a nerd. I know, I shouldn’t judge, but I’ve met museum curators. I had a pre-conceived opinion. Don’t judge, I’ve learned my lesson. Like I said before, this story was driven by the characters and I honestly can’t tell you who my favorite was. The interactions and conversations between Noah and Wyatt were so much fun. The thing that I loved about them, more than the humor, was the ease of the dialogue. It was comfortable and it fit their personalities. They turned into characters that I wanted to get to know almost immediately. I love it when that happens. *sigh* As the rest of the characters were introduced I felt the same way.I loved the relationship between Ash and Wyatt. I thought it was interesting the way it progressed. I totally didn’t expect things to play out the way they did, but it worked. They were both quirky in their own way and they both had ‘stuff’ to work through but the attraction and denial between the pair of them was cute. It was also a little frustrating and there were quite a few time that I wanted to smack them both, but it definitely kept things interesting.The romance between Wyatt and Ash (or any of the other side romances) was only part of this story. First and foremost, this was a really scary ghost story. Even though the history behind the ghost story wasn’t based on fact, the history aspect that also surrounded this story made it all the more real. When you pair a ghost story with even a thread of true history it takes the whole thing up a notch. That’s exactly what readers are presented with in The Gravedigger’s Brawl. Couple that with the fact that I save my ebook reads for bed time and you can imagine what a scary read this one turned into. *shivers* But it was oh so worth it!There were twists and turns, a little bit of heart break, some sweet romance between more than one couple, a super intense climax and some super scary moments that kept the pages turning. I loved every scary, sweet, funny moment of it.