Fade Out (Morganville Vampires Series #7)

Fade Out - Rachel Caine Wow… just when I think that things can’t get any more intense in Morganville, Rachel Caine decides to take everything up a notch. It would be pretty boring if Claire, Shane, Michael and Eve had a normal day, but then this is Morganville we’re talking about. Nothing is ever normal.Needless to say, a lot happens in Fade Out. The town is still recovering from events that took place during Carpe Corpus. The process seemed to strengthen the resolve of some and forced others to crumble. I found myself sympathizing with characters that I would have never thought I’d care about. That’s the crazy (and kind of amazing) thing about the Morganville Vampires series. Nothing is ever quite the way it seems and the players keep changing. I admire authors who can make you change strong opinions about characters from book to book in a series, but somehow Rachel Caine has accomplished it (from chapter to chapter at times) more often than I can count.The thing that gives these books so many twists and turns, also makes them pretty complicated to review. That is, without sounding like a broken recored – waxing poetic about non-descript reasons why you should read them. I’m honestly not being lazy, I just don’t want to give anything away. I can tell you that danger in this one comes from every angle. Friends become enemies and enemies become allies – to an extent. Even people who can be trusted have moments when they can’t (or shouldn’t be.) Some events put a strain on relationships that aren’t quite resolved by the end. Fade Out was jam packed full of all of that and more.