Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8) - Jennifer Estep I have had this one on my Kindle forever… actually since the Elemental Assassin Read-A-Long ended in August. *hangs head in shame* I’m so glad that I added it to my list of Bout-of-Books list for a lot of reasons. Not only was it a sure bet that it would get read, it was also a page turning read that helped me knock another book off my list. Yay!It should come as no surprise to anyone who has seen any of my previous Elemental Assassin reviews, but I loved this book. Gin is one of my favorite kick a** heroines and she didn’t disappoint me in Deadly Sting. One of my favorite things about Gin is that even though she is an assassin, her targets aren’t random and she has a strict code that she lives and works by. She is also totally devoted and extremely protective of her ‘family.’ Basically if you mess or threaten one of them, she’s not responsible for what happens – you can pretty much guarantee that whoever poses the threat will be ‘good and dead’ by the end. That may sound rash and extreme, but the world that Jennifer Estep created for Gin pretty much gives its occupants no other choice.My other favorite thing about this series is the characters. The crew that comprise Gin’s extended family are among some of my favorite in UF. I even appreciate the flashbacks because in my opinion readers got cheated out of an amazing character in the beginning of the series. Seeing how much influence Gin’s mentor had on her is an added bonus that I really enjoy.One of the things that I thought was unique about Deadly Sting was that most of the action took place at one place. Gin usually moves around a bit more, but that doesn’t mean that the action was slow or lacking. A lot happened in this one. There were twists, turns a few mysteries solved and a few more opened. A few things were resolved, but not totally… I won’t say anymore, but if you’ve been following the series you probably know what I’m talking about. If not, this would be the perfect time to jump right in. Start with Spider’s Bite and just keep on going. The great part is that the next book in the series, Heart of Venom, releases August 27, 2013. Perfect timing! You can thank me later.