My Kind of Trouble (Texas Trouble, #1) - Becky McGraw I really debated about whether or not I was going to post this review on my blog or not. Usually when I know that I’m going to have to give a book a lower rating I only post it on GoodReads and Amazon. I know, that’s kind of a cop out, but that’s just the way I’ve always done it. What made me reconsider when it came to My Kind of Trouble? No other reason than I think this book could have been salvageable and I wanted to give you my reasons why.See, My Kind of Trouble wasn’t an awful book, it just went a little over the top. There are some things I can’t be specific about because they would definitely be spoilers. I’ll try to be as vague as I can, so here it goes:• One of the most obvious things that would have helped this book is if the author would have shortened it. I know, I usually complain about novellas being too short and not giving the characters or the story more time to develop. In the case of My Kind of Trouble though, things could have really been wrapped up in about half the time.• Cassie came dangerously close to doing exactly what she supposedly hated Luke for. I can handle characters doing stupid things (it happens all the time) but not when it goes totally against every principle they seem to stand on from the beginning of their story.• Cassie had been gone for 10 years. That wouldn’t have bothered me near as much if it would have been just Luke that she left but she also left her father, her home and everyone else she cared about with no explanation. Running away is fine I suppose, but it was the time span that bothered me. I get antsy my daughters don’t check in from time to time even though they live close by and they are all in their 20′s. I can’t imagine how frantic I would have been if they would have left without a word or explanation right after they graduated from high school. Maybe that’s just me but I think that it would have been slightly more believable if the time span would have been a little shorter.• I think that there was one life or death situation or injury too many. I almost gave up on a HEA for this couple. It seemed like every time I thought they were finally going to reach it something else happened.There were a few more situations that were totally over the top, but I can’t really tell you what they were without giving something away. Let’s just say that I rolled my eyes… a lot. Just to be fair, there were quite a few people who really enjoyed this book and you can go to GoodReads and check out their reviews. I’m glad that they enjoyed it, this one just wasn’t for me. This is the first book in Becky McGraw’s Texas Trouble series. The next book is The Trouble with Love.