Dead Witch Walking - Kim Harrison Okay readers, if you are friends with me on GoodReads and you're take a gander at this review, please ignore the time frame that it took to read this book. I can’t remember the last time it took me this long to finish a book. I’m not exactly sure why it took me so long because I really liked it. Honest. Part of it was because of the week I put it down for Bout-of-Books. Other than being a lazy reader I have no other excuse. Just know that my slowness had nothing to do with a lack of reading enjoyment.So, what did I think of Dead Witch Walking? I think my favorite part of this book is the humor. Sure there was danger, a touch of a budding romance and some serious bad guys, but it was also laced with a fair amount of wit that gave the characters an added depth that they may not have had otherwise. I love a book that can have me on the edge of my seat, fearing for a character’s survival one minute and laughing out loud the next. Here’s a taste – keep in mind this is a conversation between a tiny Pixie and a vampire: “I’m going to get a cat,” Ivy said tightly. “A big, black cat.”I pulled the bag of bread from the counter and dug the honey out from the back of the pantry, where I had hidden it from Jenks. Taking it all to the table, I sat and arranged everything.“Good think you escaped when you did,” Jenks said, swinging the ladle to send gleams of light about the kitchen. “Ivy was about to throw what little she has left after you – again.”“I will call the cat Pixy Dust,” Ivy said, “I will keep it in the garden and not feed it.” The world building was unique but familiar, just enough to make Kim Harrison’s vampires and other creatures her own. There was plenty of mystery and action and enough loose ends left when it was over to make me want more. I believe The Hollows is now on my list of series to continue. The next book in the series is The Good, the Bad and the Undead, which just happens to be sitting on my shelf waiting to be read.