Where She Went - Gayle Forman Wow… that was intense. Several people told me before I started this book that they liked it even more than If I Stay. That’s something that you won’t even begin to understand until you pick this book up and read it. I started reading this book after dinner and couldn’t go to bed until I was finished. I can’t remember the last time I did that. I also can’t remember the last time a book pulled me in, wouldn’t let go and made me feel as much as this one did.I’m not sure what I expected when I started reading Where She Went. I knew that it would be an emotional read, but I didn’t expect it to be as intense as it was. I knew from the synopsis that Adam and Mia had gone their separate ways. Reading what Adam went through, the experiences that he had and the way he handled it all was almost more heart breaking than the emotions that were evoked in If I Stay.Needless to say there were tears. The entire book was from Adam’s perspective which worked so well. His grief was tangible and pretty much defined who he was. I spent most of the book wanting to hug him and let him know he wasn’t as alone as he thought he was. Watching his transformation by the end of the book was amazing.Gayle Forman did an amazing job of bringing the pain of both characters to the surface and making you feel the devastation that grief can cause. It wasn’t always easy to read, but it was real and powerful and giving readers the glimpse into the aftermath of the tragedy the characters experienced in If I Stay was just as important as the initial story. I have to say that even though I loved the first book, I now have to agree that this one is even more powerful and amazing than I expected. It’s definitely a series that I not only recommend, but will be one that I re-read more than once.