Operation: Endurance (When the Mission Ends, #3) - Christi Snow Ever read a book that you didn’t want to put down, but couldn’t bear the thought of reaching the last page? That’s the inner battle I had going on as I read Operation: Endurance. I couldn’t wait to get to this couple’s story, but I knew when I did, my time with the Robertson’s would be over. Combine that with the fact that Christi Snow saved the most heart wrenching story for last and it’s no wonder I was a teary mess by the time I finished. *sigh*The hero and heroine in Operation: Endurance were broken. There’s simply no other way to put it. Readers were given a glimpse of their history together in Before the Mission Begins, but nothing prepared us for what they experienced from the end of that novella to where they were by the beginning of this book. We obviously knew that things were hard for both of them, but getting the bits and pieces from them first hand gave us a whole new perspective. A very vivid, sometimes hard to read and heart breaking perspective.I can’t say all the tears were sad ones. There were a lot of happy moments in Operation: Endurance. Some were expected tears of joy and some were surprises. There were also a few mysteries, a fair amount of danger, some unexpected surprises (both good and bad) and a chapter that totally blew me away – and probably not for the reasons you think. You’ll just have to read it to believe it, trust me.One of the things I have liked about this series since the beginning is how character driven it is. The love, support and connection between these characters is what pulled me in and that force never wained. The men were as alpha and protective as they come and the women were just as strong and loyal to each other as they were to the men they loved. They were smart, witty and supportive. I fell in love with them from the moment I read the prologue of Operation: Endgame and by the end of Operation: Endurance I felt like I knew them all.Needless to say, I’m sorry the journey with the Robertson’s is over, but I’m sure we’ll be seeing more of them. There’s another novella in the works featuring a couple we met in Operation: Endurance and Christi Snow’s next series will feature a family she introduced in When the Mission Ends. I can’t wait!