The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa I had forgotten just how dark and dangerous this new world Julie Kagawa created was. That’s not a criticism. It’s beautifully dark and dangerous. It’s a world in stark contrast to Kagawa’s Iron Fey world. There was always danger lurking in Faery, but it was surrounded by beauty and sometimes even masked by it. Danger isn’t masked in Allison’s world. For the most part it’s front and center or breathing down her neck. The light that shines through in the Blood of Eden series comes directly from the characters.Some time has passed when The Eternity Cure opens, but not much has happened. Allie is still following the pull that she feels coming from Kanin. She has one goal, and that’s to save him. The road blocks she finds along the way are a lot more than she bargained for.I’ve stalled on writing this review several times. The main reason is because I don’t want to spoil any of this book for anyone. There are things that happen on Allie’s quest as well as people she meets that totally took me by surprise (at least by the reason and circumstances that she met them.) I just knew that I would have a hard time doing this book justice and not just spill the beans and let everyone know exactly how amazing it was and why. It was jaw dropping, and there were tears and parts of it made me angry and then, when you finally thought that things were going to be okay… it really wasn’t. And then…. *sigh*I know that doesn’t help and you still have a lot of questions, and I’ve probably confused you more than I’ve convinced you to read this book, but you need to. You really, really do. The characters are amazing. The bad guys are so bad you’ll want to destroy them yourself. There are so many twists and turns and moments that change absolutely everything it’s impossible to not get sucked in. By the end you will find a whole new reason to say ‘authors are evil’ but it won’t stop you from begging for the next book.So, did I like The Eternity Cure? Absolutely! If you haven’t started the series yet, you need to pick up The Immortal Rules. Just don’t expect it to be anything like the Iron Fey, if you’re familiar with Julie Kagawa’s previous series. It really is just as amazing, only in a very different, but very good way.