Blacque/Bleu - Belinda McBride I’m not sure where to start with this review. This is the first Belinda McBride book I’ve read so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Let’s just say that I was pleasantly surprised.I loved both characters from the time they were introduced. Usually I like one character more than the other, but this time my feelings were pretty even. Blacque was a big, bad, tatted and pierced werewolf who never felt like he fit in. Never mind the fact that his status in the pack had him so deep in the closet that he knew he could never come out. Bleu was a fairly old, powerful but ailing vampire who had nothing really to live for and no fight left in him to even try.Let’s start with Blacque. He was a loner – for a lot of reasons. He and his sister Dru, were raised by their mother and not with the pack and their father (more about him later.) He was also a virgin, which at over 30 was kind of a shock, yet it totally fit with his history. I loved everything about this big lug. He was tough, but vulnerable. His sense of loyalty and respect for his father and the pack forced him to put them ahead of his own wants and desires. He hated the situation he was being forced into, but he knew it was the right thing to do so he was willing to do it. He also fell head over heals for Bleu, and there was nothing he could do about it. In short, he pretty much broke my heart.Bleu was slowing fading. He was just existing and nothing more. He had no energy, he couldn’t sleep and was forced to lay awake all day, motionless but aware of what was going on around him. When he did sleep he had nightmares of his past that were realistically terrifying. Something had to change. One night in a bar where tempers flared, everything changed between Bleu and Blacque. I loved how these two were finally brought together. They both knew it wouldn’t last. They both knew there would be no turning back, but a relationship would be impossible. I love it when the odds are impossible – it makes the inevitable so much more fun. I also love it when the supporting characters have as much depth as the main couple. Blacque/Bleu definitely delivered on that front. Blacque’s sister Dru was perfect. She was a smart, driven woman who loved her brother as much as he loved her. Dane, Blacque and Dru’s father, was a character that grew on me. At first I thought he was an arrogant jerk, but then I got to know him… The bad guys were really bad… and yes, there was more than one.Basically, this book had a little bit of everything. A great romance, plenty of action, lots of twists and turns, things I never saw coming and just when you think things are going to work out… yeah, I love it when that happens too. Blacque/Bleu is the first book in Belinda McBride’s Arcada series. Arcada is the town that the stories take place in and it is as important as the characters themselves. It has a personality a draw and a magic all its own. It’s a place I’d love to visit… and maybe never leave. The next book in the series is Silver/Steel and I’ve already got it on my kindle waiting for me. They are promised to be stand alone, but it won’t be long before I pick up the next one so I’ll let you know how strong the connection is.