By a Thread - Jennifer Estep Yep, my Elemental Assassin reviews are getting kinda boing. Why? Not because the books are boring… not by a long shot. It’s because I love each book as the one before it and for all the same reasons. *sigh* Let’s see if I can freshen this one up a bit, shall we?By a Thread opens not long after Spider’s Revenge ended. Big, bad Mab may be gone, but the threats have lingered. Sure, they’re not nearly as deadly as the Fire Elemental but they are annoying and looking over her shoulder and scaring innocent customers on daily basis is starting to wear on Gin. Seems everyone wants their chance to prove they can take out the Spider. Add to that the fact that she’s still not sure about her shaky relationship with Bria and there’s more than enough tension to go around. A vacation would seem to be a perfect solution, right? Well, not if you are an assassin, retired or not. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that Gin & Bria find trouble when they’re not even looking for it.Of course the normal cast and crew were present: Jo-Jo, Sophia, Bria, Finn, Owen and even Fletcher. There were a few new characters thrown into the mix along with a notable blast from the past. I’m sure a lot of you know who I’m referring to, but I won’t mention his name… let’s just say whatever he gets in this book he had coming. and then some. The vampire bad guy in By a Thread would have given Mab a run for her money I do believe. He was beyond cruel and pretty despicable in the way he gained his power.I can’t say enough about how much I love all the supporting characters in this book. All of Gin’s ‘family’ are amazing. Bria and Owen were the stand outs this time though. Bria because of her coming to terms with a lot of things and Owen for his devotion, trust and support of Gin. I know that there are obstacles to come and I know that things aren’t going to stay perfect for them and it’s going to crush me when it happens – and it will happen – but in this book, he was perfect. I was in such a ‘Happy Place’ when I finished By a Thread that I really don’t want to pick up the next book quite yet. I won’t keep myself in denial for long though… *sigh* Widow’s Web is up next and I better get reading and stop putting off the inevitable because I really want to be able to take part in the Elemental Assassin Series Read-A-Long discussion. I didn’t make it for this one and that makes me sad because it’s really way too much fun to miss.