Mockingjay - Collins Suzanne I’ve let this review sit for a couple of days. I know I’ve said this before after reading a book, but I really had to recover from this one and remove myself from it for a while before I sat down to write this review. It was honestly that powerful a read for me.I knew when I finished Catching Fire that this was not going to be an easy book to read. I was so right in that assumption. Am I sorry that I put on my big girl pants and finished? Not at all. Even though it was heartbreaking, violent and painful, it was also powerful and amazing.No one came out of Mockingjay untouched by violence or loss in some way. Katniss was in a no win situation and honestly felt like she couldn’t trust anyone. She was given a title and responsibility she didn’t want and felt like she didn’t deserve. She was driven by grief, anger and guilt. She still felt the need to save and protect everyone, regardless of what happened to her in doing so. Her world continued to be ripped apart and there was nothing she could do to stop it. It’s been a long time since I’ve been as affected by a book as this one.This series has evoked a lot of emotion. It seems that there are two sides. People either love it or hate it. I don’t argue with the people that hated it. I can honestly see why they did and respect their opinion. The heartbreak and other emotions evoked in this book and the rest of the series is raw. There are parts that are honestly painful to read. The characters in this book are broken. No one really comes out with a satisfying ‘happily ever after’ ending. With all that they went through, how could they? Were there parts of the story and some violence that bothered me? Maybe, but this was ultimately a book about war, and it wasn’t sugar coated. Ultimately, I felt that the series ended in a way that did the surviving characters justice. It may not have been the ending I would have foreseen or wished for, but there was a spark of hope and healing. Anything else would have diminished what the characters endured.I don’t want to say too much more, but I think you get the idea. It would be too easy to give things away if I kept going. I really have enjoyed talking about it with people who have read it though. Mockingjay is a book that was hard to read, but I’m really glad that I took the time to experience it.