Forever ME - Thomas Amo One thing I have learned about Thomas Amo is that he takes things to extremes. In Let’s Get Lade he took slap-stick humor and just plain silliness to the extreme. In An Apple for Zoe he took a murder investigation to such an paranormal extreme that I’m still reeling from the outcome (and not so patiently waiting for the next installment of The Forsaken series.) For those reasons, the extreme twists, turns, betrayal and life changing events that the characters experienced in Forever Me shouldn’t have surprised me in the least, but they did. I’m not sure what I expected from this teen drama, but I definitely got more than I bargained for.Hannah was basically an average teen. She wasn’t overly popular, but she had friends and everyone knew who she was because she was the Sheriff’s daughter in a fairly small town. She was the kind of girl that anyone would want for a friend. Then one seemingly insignificant incident turned almost everyone’s world upside down.Wichita Falls was a town that was saturated with prejudice. The prejudice wasn’t about color or race as much as it was the ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’. Those lines were drawn in every aspect of their small society and the lines didn’t cross. Hannah was on the side of the ‘have nots’ and she inadvertently crossed it. Not because she wanted what the others had or because she thought she was better than anyone else but because she reached out to help someone who needed it. That one act escalated into a chain of events that turned everyone’s world upside down.I’m not going to give anything away, because it’s something that you are going to have to experience as a reader all on your own. Let’s just say that nothing is as it seems and Hannah came to the same realization during the course of this book.The bad guys were beyond bad, the parents were mostly over the top clueless or cruel (there were a few exceptions, especially Hannah’s Dad who I loved) and the ‘Stilettos’ were a group of girls that I hope and pray no high school is ever subjected to. Yeah, they were that bad… *shivers* Lessons were learned… some very hard lessons… hearts were broken and fences were broken and mended, but all of it came with a price. Did Thomas Amo take this teenage coming of age story to too much of an extreme? Maybe, but sometimes the extreme is what it takes to get people’s attention.