My Soul to Save - Rachel Vincent I knew I was making a mistake by letting this series set for as long as I did. There was so much to love about My Soul to Save. The world building, the romance, the magic, the mystery plus the whole mythological concept made it hard to put down.Kaylee learns more about controlling and using her powers in My Soul to Save. She also learns more about the Netherworld than she ever wanted to know. There were also moments when she learned things about herself that she wasn’t very proud of. It was all great though because it made her character even more human and relatable. I love it when that happens, especially in a YA read. Regardless of her powers and her moments of selflessness, she still had doubts and she still made poor and reckless decisions. All of her flaws just made me like her character more. *sigh*Todd played a huge part in My Soul to Save and even though I wanted to scream every time he popped in and out unannounced, he’s kind of growing on me. I have a feeling there’s a lot more to Tod than readers know. I think he may be turning into one of my favorite characters.The danger in My Soul to Save didn’t let up and the stakes were just as high as in the first book. I think the concept of this one might have been even scarier than My Soul to Take. I think it may have been because a conscience decision was made by the characters to trade their soul. I didn’t become as emotionally invested in the characters as I expected but I still could sympathize with Kaylee’s reason to want to help them.The rest of the supporting characters were still as strong. I loved Nash and his mom and Kaylee’s dad is trying to make up for lost time. Sometimes he’s trying too hard. I can’t wait to see how all of these relationships develop as the series continues.I read My Soul to Save as part of Soul Screamers Volume 1. Having the first 2 books along with the prequel in one book makes it so much easier to read. It made it so easy that I picked up Volume 2 to read the next 2 books in the series. The next book is My Soul to Keep. From what I’ve read so far from the book description I’m going to have to be in the right frame of mind to pick it up. I think it might just be an emotional roller coaster.