Vampire Seeker (Samantha Carter Series, #1) - Tim O'Rourke This is the first book by Tim O'Rourke that I've read. Jumping on the band wagon late has its advantages though. Mainly, I get to go back and see what I've been missing if I run into an author that sparks my interest. I'm happy to say that I can now add O'Rourke to that list.I wasn't quite sure what to expect from Vampire Seeker and even if I had a preconceived notion, I wouldn't have come close.This book was like no other Vampire book that I've read, at least not that I remember. It was an interesting combination of historical Western, mystery, time travel, a touch of vivid gore, vampires, danger for everyone involved, shape shifters and romance.You also shouldn't pick this one up expecting smexy vampires. O'Rourke's are anything but smexy. These vamps are straight out of your worst nightmare. *shivers* Needless to say, nothing about this book was what you would expect and sometimes that's a very good thing.The characters were interesting, to say the least. There was plenty of action, lots of mystery and enough twists and turns to keep readers wondering up until almost the very end exactly who the good guys and bad guys really were. Throw in a hot little romance and there was more than enough packed into this book to keep almost any reader's interest.Just a warning, even though Vampire Seeker doesn't end in a huge cliff hanger, it does end leaving readers with a gnawing desire to know what could possibly happen next. Needless to say, I will be watching for the second installment.