Pleasure Unbound - Larissa Ione I really need to start paying attention before I pick a book up. Okay, so the Demonica Series and the Lords of Deliverance Series can be read independently of each other, but they are interwoven just enough that I can’t help but think that I would have gotten so much more out of both series if I would have started with this one. Unfortunately, I am now totally invested in both series and there is no turning back. *sigh* Just know, if I’ve caught you in time with this review, start with the Demonica Series first. Now, on with my review.These characters are intense and not for the faint of heart. After all, the cast of characters include two separate entities. The first are demons and the second are humans who have forces to rid the world of demons. That’s basically it. The two groups hate each other, with good reason. Or so it would seem. That turns the Demonica Series and Pleasure Unbound into the perfect scenario for a fantastic PNR series.Eidolon was also the perfect demon to start with. Out of his brothers, he is the most level headed. Not that he’s perfect, because he’s not. He just has more patience and self control. If any demon can change Tayla’s opinion it is him. It isn’t easy though and both of them fight the attraction as much as they can. The outcome is inevitable, but the journey is crazy and not easy by any means.There is a lot of ground work laid in Pleasure Unbound for the rest of the series, but the main story didn’t suffer because of it. The supporting characters were introduced and added a lot to what was happening with the main focus of the first book. Sometimes world building and background information can leave the main story in the dust, but I didn’t get any of that from this book. I like it when a series starts strong. In that way, for me, Pleasure Unbound delivered.The only complaint that I had about this book I think is that there was so much hate coming off of Tayla. It was totally understandable and I think it wouldn’t have been true to her character if she had given in to her attraction any sooner than she did but it still bothered me. I’m not sure if that vibe came from the fact that I was already familiar with some of these characters or not, so I’ll let it slide. I still enjoyed the story, regardless. I can’t take back the knowledge that I’ve gained from Lords of Deliverance so I’ll just deal.The next book in the series is Shade’s book, Desire Unchained. I’ve already ordered it, but I’ve also already ordered the 3rd book in the Lords of Deliverance Series (Lethal Rider). I guess when they get here I’ll just have to flip a coin to see which book I read first. ;)