Renegade - Nancy Northcott Wow… yep, that pretty much sums it up…. wow! I’m guessing you’re expecting more from a review, huh? Okay, if you insist. ;)‘Not. Dead. Yet. Valeria Banning panted behind the sour-tasting gag. She still had half a chance to survive.’ Honestly, when the first line in a book packs that much of a punch, how can you not continue reading?This book came to me out of the blue. It wasn’t on my radar, the author is brand new and I hadn’t seen much about it anywhere. Trust, me when I say that when Renegade is released in November, 2012, you need to pick it up. I can’t remember the last time I read a book that started off with as much action as this one did. There were some lulls here and there, but it pretty much had me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book. It’s one of those reads that grabs you and doesn’t let go.Talk about your tortured and broken heros. Griffin was about as broken as they come as far as trust went. He had spent the past 6 years of his life on the run from the very people he was trying to protect. Val was one of those people who had him on her hit list. He was the enemy, plain and simple. Neither one of them trusted the other but then they were forced to. It was the perfect scenario for a PNR.Not only were Val and Griffin great together, the supporting characters were witty, brave and just as loyal as they were. Then there were the sacrifices that both Val and Griffin were forced to make. Parts of this book were heart wrenching and there were moments that I was ready to scream because of what these characters were faced with. The world building, magic and mythology alone were fantastic. Yep, Renegade pretty much had it all.I will say that there were times that I had a hard time keeping up with all the characters, but given the fact that this is the first book in a series it wasn’t a big issue. A lot of ground needed to be covered and it was accomplished very well. The character development that was created with the main players more than made up for it, honestly.Guardian is the next book in the series and it scheduled to be released in May of 2013. From the glimpse into book 2 that readers are given at the end of Renegade I can guarantee that The Protectors Series is going to be a series I will have no problem following.