Web of Lies - Jennifer Estep I have to say, this series just gets better and better and I’m only 2 books in. The more time I spend with Gin and crew, the more I want to get to know them. Any qualms I had about relating to an assassin as a true heroine were pretty much put to rest by the time I finished Spider’s Bite. Web of Lies did nothing but reinforce my love and respect for Gin and her mentor.As much as I love Gin, the supporting characters are some of my favorite in a series. Fin, Sophie, Jo-Jo and even the deceased Fletcher round out a cast of characters that are the perfect balance to Gin’s personality. I love Fin’s humor and support, Jo-Jo’s motherly attention, Sophie’s strength and Fletcher’s influence even though he isn’t present. The back story that is provided through past conversations with Fletcher add a lot to understanding Gin’s past. All those elements work seamlessly together.There were some new characters thrown into the mix this time. A few that I’m sure are going to prove to be interesting in the future. At least one character left (at least for the time being) and honestly, I can’t say that I’m going to miss him. Any guesses on who I’m talking about?A few mysteries were solved and a few more cropped up. Just enough to keep things interesting. Venom is the next book in the series and luckily it’s ready and waiting on my shelf. I honestly can’t wait to pick it up and see what happens next.