The Lost Prince - Julie Kagawa Okay, honesty time here. I really wasn’t sure about The Call of the Forgotten series. It wasn’t because I don’t love the Iron Fey series. It wasn’t because I thought that Julie Kagawa didn’t have more story to tell where the Fey are concerned. I think it may have been simply because I couldn’t imagine going back into this amazing world without having Meghan, Puck and Ash front and center. Reading Iron’s Prophecy did little to change that opinion. I should have known better. It only took me one chapter to get pulled back into the world of the Fey through Ethan Chase’s perspective.Ethan wasn’t living life, he was trying to survive it. He had no friends because he spent most of his time avoiding people so he wouldn’t have to worry about dragging anyone else into his crazy existence. It was impossible not to sympathize with him almost immediately. Kenzie wasn’t really living life either, but for far different reasons. She saw through the ‘tough guy’ barrier that Ethan built around himself to keep people away. Putting these two together was both brilliant and …. well, you’ll have to read the book to find out what else it is.Ethan has not only grown a lot since readers were introduced to him in the beginning of the Iron Fey series, he grows a lot in The Lost Prince too. His entire perspective changes and some of that wall inevitably crumbles.There were lots of new characters introduced in The Lost Prince, but there were familiar faces too. Grimalkin was just as annoying as ever and served as Ethan and Kenzie’s guide. Readers were also reunited with Meghan and Ash and Puck made his grand entrance with his usual flare. The most notable new character introduced was of course Keirran. I wasn’t sure what to expect from him. I won’t say much more, just in case. (If you’ve read Iron’s Prophecy, you’ll understand.)If you haven’t read the Iron Fey series from the beginning, don’t start with The Lost Prince. There is way too much back story revealed in The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight to not treat yourself to them first. The only other recommendation that I have is to pick up Iron’s Prophecy before you pick up the first book in The Call of the Forgotten. You won’t be totally lost if you don’t, but you will be missing some key information that isn’t even revealed in The Lost Prince. Just a friendly suggestion. You can thank me later ;)The Lost Prince didn’t exactly end in a cliff hanger, but there is definitely a lot more to come. As much as Ethan would love to leave the Fey behind, he’s way too involved by the end to turn his back on them now. September 2013 is such a long time to have to wait for The Traitor Son. *sigh*