A Reason To Believe - Diana Copland Okay, I have to admit that this was a first for me and I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. It wasn’t that I was avoiding the M/M genre. I just never found one that peaked my interest. When I read the synopsis for A Reason to Believe I knew it would be a good book to start with. It had a paranormal aspect and the story just sounded good. What I didn’t expect was the impact that this book had on me as I read it. I can honestly say that A Reason to Believe is going on my list of favorite contemporary romances. (I realize that it is categorized as paranormal, but since both of the characters in the story are human I didn’t really think of it as a paranormal romance.)From the first few chapters this book grabbed me. By the end of the second chapter I was emotionally invested in the book. Matt’s story of love and loss actually had me a little teary. He lost the love of his life in a tragic way, his fellow officers treated him differently once they discovered he was gay and he saw his first ghost at a child’s murder scene. When he finally meets Kiernan, he’s not only a skeptic where ghosts are concerned, he’s also a skeptic on love. He’s literally a broken man. *sigh*I loved Kiernan from the moment he was introduced. Matt’s reaction to him was priceless. He didn’t want to give in to his attraction to him, but he couldn’t resist. There was just something about Kiernan that drew you in. He was honest and wore his heart on his sleeve, yet he was as damaged as Matt in a lot of ways. His story broke my heart almost as much as Matt’s.The characters that supported these two men had as much to do with my love of the book as they did. Matt’s sister-in-law, Sheila, was so supportive and the love that they shared was evident. They had a connection before she married his brother and it showed in their relationship. Kiernan and his sister Aiden had a similar relationship. Both women loved these men fiercely and were just as protective of them. I loved the banter between all four of them. I also loved the interactions between Kiernan, Matt and Abby. Her affect on both men was profound. She touched them in a way that neither one of them expected.As far as the romance went between Kiernan and Matt, it was perfect. It wasn’t forced and it fit the story. The main aspect of this one to me was trust. Both of these characters had been through so much before they got to this point. Kiernan went after what he wanted and it was great seeing Matt’s barriers and wall finally crumble. The dialog and interactions between them flowed well and it became a book that was almost impossible to put down. Basically, I’m really glad that I stumbled upon this one and it won’t be my last book in this genre or by Diana Copland.