Timeless (Parasol Protectorate, #5) - Gail Carriger I can’t believe it’s over! And what a finale ;)As some of you know. It seemed to take me forever to finish Timeless. It wasn’t because I didn’t enjoy the book or the characters. Not at all. Some of it was because I have never been able to read a Parasol Protectorate book fast, but this went even beyond that. I honestly think that I had a mental block. I really didn’t want to be done with Alexia and crew. :(That being said, what are my final thoughts on this entertaining series? It was actually everything that I expected and then some. There was comedy, drama, romance (from unexpected characters *gasp*) theatrics, danger, twists, turns, a few surprises and more than a few tears – which is something that came totally unexpected.Prudence turned out to be everything that a child of Alexia’s should be and Alexia was as exasperated a mother as you would expect. Some things never change. There is actually nothing that I would change about any of it, unless of course I could get more. As it turns out, there will be. Of course, not of the Parasol Protectorate variety, but Gail Carriger does have more in store for readers. Her YA Finishing School series is set to release in 2013 with the first book, titled Etiquette and Espionage. The series is set 25 years before the Parasol Protectorate series. There is also another series that is a direct spin-off of the Parasol Protectorate. The first book is titled Prudence and the series title is The Parasol Protectorate Abroad. That’s enough to keep me from getting too depressed about saying goodbye to these beloved characters. After all, even though readers were given a satisfactory ending in Timeless, there is still much more to their story I’m sure.