The Sundering (The Swarm Trilogy, #3) - Megg Jensen Little did I know when I first picked up Anathema what an amazing journey this would turn out to be. Megg Jensen had me hooked as soon as I picked up the first book in the Cloud Profit Trilogy and I haven’t looked back. The other books that make up the first trilogy are Oubliette and Severed. The Sundering is the last book in her Swarm Trilogy. The other books that make up the rest of that trilogy are Afterlife and Sleepers. Imagine how excited I was when the release of the novella, The Initiate managed to tie both trilogies together. Sneaky, sneaky authors!The Sundering takes up where Afterlife left off. Lianne is trying to mentally recover from the tragedies she survived in Afterlife. She basically lost her best friend and the man she loved. A man that died trying to save her. Not only that, but she had to come to terms with the fact that he was killed by her mother who was trying to kill her at the time. No wonder she isn’t exactly in a happy place when we first see her in The Sundering. The fact that she’s feared by almost everyone doesn’t help. The one bright spot in her existence is Chase, and she spends most of her waking hours trying to push even him away. She has a lot to come to terms with.I loved how patient Chase was with Lianne. He doesn’t baby her, he wants to protect her but he gives her the space she needs. Yet, when enough is enough he backs off. Although Lianne spends a lot of time basically feeling sorry for herself, she never totally crumbles. She doesn’t bow to what everyone assumes she must do, she tries to find another way.There were things that left me wanting more in The Sundering, but I’m going to chalk that up to the fact that I wasn’t ready for this series of books to come to an end. There were things that Lianne did that made me shake my head, but there were reasons why she did them and it’s easy to judge from the outside looking in. Once you read The Sundering, I think you’ll understand and you’ll have to come to your own conclusions. I also felt that the ending was a little rushed. Again, that is probably because I just wasn’t ready to say goodbye to the characters and world that Megg Jensen created in The Song of Eloh Saga (the name of the entire series of the two trilogies and novella combined.) Basically, this book brought the series to a satisfying conclusion and that’s pretty much all we can ask for.