The Witch Is Back - H.P. Mallory Just a warning, if you are a stickler for details and you think too hard about the whole time travel concept and what the possible consequences of it all could be, this book could possibly drive you nuts. If you can get past that and just enjoy it for the fun story that it is, then you’ll be just fine. Of course there are still aspects of it that may drive you nuts, but since they don’t have much to do with scientific space-time continuum technical details you should be able to deal. ;)So, what drove me crazy about this book? Sinjin! I know, there are a lot of team Sinjin readers out there and I have to admit that there is a lot about him that I like. Even so, I want Jolie to be with Rand. I know I’ve said that he drives me nuts too, but this was different. Nothing about Rand is sneaky and underhanded. One of his problems is that he is honest to a fault and over thinks everything. Sinjin thinks, but diabolically. The way he manipulated things to his benefit in The Witch is Back was so not cool. Grr… I know that deep down in that non-beating heart of his he really does care for Jolie, but he kinda took it too far this time. I also know that he isn’t about to give up and there is more about him than anyone really knows. *sigh*Alright, I’ve ranted about Sinjin enough. As far as the rest of the story goes, beyond the frustration it was pretty good. I have to admit I liked it, but it wasn’t one of my favorites. I’m still loving this series and I can’t wait to read the next book. I’m still not sure where Mercedes stands in all of this and my trust level with her is pretty low right now. I’m afraid she is someone who isn’t beyond manipulation either. There’s still a lot that needs to be figured out and a few fairly big mysteries that need to be solved. I’m trying to hold off on picking up Something Witchy This Way Comes. I don’t want to burn myself out on Rand, Jolie and Sinjin, but we’ll see.