A Hunger Like No Other - Kresley Cole I really need to start paying closer attention to what my blogging buddies are reading. I’ve had this book on my shelf for a couple of months now and ignored it. Why? I really couldn’t tell you. What I can say is that now I’ve been introduced to Kresley Cole and her Immortals After Dark series there will be no turning back. ;) Is anyone surprised?I was emotionally pulled into this book from the prologue. The reader’s introduction to Lachlain is as he ends his 150 year captivity because he scents the mate he has been searching his very long existence for. The lengths he goes to and the pain he endures to escape pretty much sets the tone for the intensity of the pull that Emmaline will continue to have on him.Emmaline, of course, has no clue. She’s very meek, lacks self confidence and has spent her entire life being different. Pairing her with a VERY alpha male werewolf who can’t physically or mentally take no for an answer was a brilliant scenario. It’s been a long time since a book refused to let me put it down and that’s exactly what A Hunger Like No Other did.Lachlain and Emma were the main draw, but the supporting characters in this book were just as developed. There were some I definitely liked more than others, but the ground has been laid for some interesting pairings. Speaking of which, one of the things that I think I’m really going to like about this series is the variety of paranormals present. I also like Cole’s twist on some of the mythology surrounding them. They’re familiar, yet she has made them her own.The next book is No Rest for the Wicked and I can’t wait to see what happens next. It definitely won’t be long before I pick it up. ;) Lesson learned!