Operation: Endgame - Christi Snow Have you ever just kind of stumbled upon a book? I was flipping through my updates on Goodreads last week and saw a comment about a review on Operation: End Game and it really peaked my interest. After doing a little bit more stalking… um.. snooping…. uh research, I discovered that this is the first book in Christi Snow’s When the Mission Ends Trilogy. After congratulating her on her new book, she thanked me and then offered me a copy for review. I was more than a little excited because the synopsis sounded intriguing. Let’s just say, I wasn’t disappointed. Once I loaded the book onto my Kindle, I couldn’t resist sneaking a peek at the prologue. Before I knew it, I was on Chapter 3… yeah, I was hooked – it honestly happened that fast. *sigh*The prologue begins 20 years in the past. It introduces the main characters as children on the day that they met. It was a perfect beginning. When characters grab you and make you laugh out loud before the book even starts, you know you’re in for a treat. The story just kept getting better from there.The relationship between Jake and Cassie isn’t forced at all. The fact that they have been as close as they have for most of their lives makes the inevitable love that grows between the two of them perfectly natural and at the same time, extremely intense. I loved these two together. Jake’s need to protect Cassie and his unspoken guilt pull him in different directions. That combined with Cassie’s misconception about Jake’s feelings and her crush that began years ago fuel the sexual tension that drives their relationship.I only had one moment in the entire book that made me scream. At that moment Cassie did something so incredibly stupid that I honestly think I ‘yelled’ at her. It was just like one of those moments in a horror film when you yell at the character for doing something that you know is going to put them in danger but you can’t stop them AND you KNOW that they know better. It was minor and for the story to progress it needed to be done, but while I was reading the scene it just seemed ‘un-Cassie-like.’ Beyond that (and in all honesty, it may have been just me) the rest of the book was flawless.The additional relationships between the supporting characters in Endgame were great. These characters were well developed and by the end you felt like you not only knew but could relate to them all. There were twists and turns, plenty of action, mystery and lots of romance. Basically, this book wasn’t lacking in any department. Christi’s writing flows well and was very easy to read and her dialog flows as flawlessly as the text. All of these points made Endgame a book that was very hard to put down. The climax takes you by surprise and even if you think you have the ‘who’ figured out, the ‘why’ will blow you away.The next book in this trilogy comes out in January, and I can’t wait to read it. There is a description of each of the books on Christi Snow’s Blog. Cassie’s older brother Colton and her friend Penelope are the featured characters in Operation: Endeavor. Even though I’m looking forward to their story, I hope we haven’t seen the last of Cassie and Jake.