My Soul to Take - Rachel Vincent Okay, I was right. This series is just going to continue to get better and better. Something else I’m fairly sure about? I can’t remember the last time a book had me on as much of an emotional tailspin as My Soul to Take did. This is a book that makes you feel – I like that in a book. I also like YA books that have smart, compassionate teens. Kaylee and Nash fill that bill perfectly.My Soul to Take opens several months after My Soul to Lose ends. Kaylee hasn’t forgotten her last ‘panic attack’ and where she ended up, but she’s trying to be a normal teen. It doesn’t take long for things to start getting out of control again. Once the action starts and the mysteries start piling up, readers have no choice other than to keep turning pages to find out what will happen next.I think one of the things that I like most about this series so far is the un-predictability. There is at least one character that my opinion changed about almost from chapter to chapter. I was sure that they were someone who couldn’t be trusted, then they would do something that would totally change my opinion, then I was back to hating them again. It was great!Kaylee goes through so much in this book and all of it basically stems from finding answers to questions she didn’t even know she had. Parts of this book were so heart breaking. Kaylee’s strength and spunk were amazing though. I love the way she wouldn’t back down or give up. I also liked the fact that she didn’t totally fall for Nash right away. She did spend a lot of time wondering what the school hunk was doing with someone like her. For some reason, that vulnerability made her character more ‘real’ to me. That along with her stubborn streak, her inner strength and her loyalty to her friends, peers and family made her a perfect teenage heroine. Nash was an amazing balance in My Soul to Take. His patience, compassion and determination to help Kaylee made him so much more than the teenage jock that you expected in the beginning.There were so many secrets revealed in My Soul to Take it was hard to keep up. I can’t wait to see what Rachel Vincent has in store for the rest of the series. I know this is another series that I started later than everyone else, but it won’t take me long to catch up. Soul Screamers definitely has me hooked.I read My Soul to Take as part of Soul Screamers Volume 1. Having the first 2 books along with the prequel in one book makes it so much easier to read. I’m still not sure if I’ll wait until Soul Screamers Volume 2 is released to pick up the 3rd book. Guess I’ll make that decision after I read My Soul to Save. I might be able to hold out, but I’m not making any promises.