Blood and Treasure (Romancing the Pirate, #1) - Jennifer Bray-Weber Not what I expected. Nope, not at all, but that is not necessarily a bad thing.When you think ‘pirate’ you definitely don’t think gentleman. To be honest, when I first read the synopsis of this book I thought to myself ‘this is going to be a rip-off of Pirates of the Caribbean.’ Once again, I was wrong. Even though it very easily could have been, there was nothing… well almost nothing… like the Disney movie at all within the pages of this book.I found myself getting wrapped up in the story almost immediately. The characters were likable and I even enjoyed the secondary characters. They were people that I wanted to get to know. The action was intense and the love scenes were hot. The scenery was fantastic and the situations that the author put the characters in fit the story line. What was not to love? Even the fact that I kind of anticipated the end wasn’t a draw back.This book is the first in a series by Jennifer Bray-Weber and the next book is centered around Zane’s second in command. He was such a womanizing bloke in this installment, it’s going to fun to see how a woman might actually capture his heart.