The Spell - Heather Killough-Walden You may have heard me mention that I am a fan of Heather Killough-Walden’s Big Bad Wolf Series. Actually, I think they may have been the first true paranormal romances involving shape shifters that I read. So I wonder if that means I can blame her for my addiction? Probably not, but it was worth a try. *sigh*I can honestly say that I think The Spell was one of my favorites in this series. I’m not exactly sure why, but it may have been that Danny was the first of the female dormants that new what she was. Looking back, it may have also been because a lot of key characters were brought to the forefront in this one. Regardless, The Spell is a book that I have read more than once and I’m sure that this won’t be the last time. There are some characters that you just can’t say goodbye to. Even though Danny and Lucas are brought back in other books and we’ve met them before in previous BBW stories, this one is special.Lucas is a true alpha male in every sense of the word. He’s damaged though, and his salvation is someone who he should view as his enemy. The twist here is that Danny knows it. She’s been dreaming of him and another alpha. One is beyond evil and the other is someone who hates everything she stands for. The circumstances and draw that bring these two together is amazing and it’s what makes this story so full of – well, magic.There are a few mysteries in this book solved. A lot of drama and heart break. Some very hot and steamy scenes, old enemies resurfaced and a few new mysteries thrown into the mix. Throughout the book the story is woven seamlessly and… well, you just need to read it to understand.This book marks a turning point in the series. I didn’t realize it when I first read the book, but it is the next to the last in the Big Bad Wolf Series. At first I was really upset when I found out that the series would soon be over. Then I realized that Heather Killough-Walden had bigger plans. Her Kings Series ties both series together in a way that I never could have imagined. The lives of these characters come full circle and although the alpha wolves we have grown to love are no longer front and center, they are still an integral part of the new world that Heather has created. You can read both series independently, but you really get so much more out of it if you read them together.If you need more convincing, check out my reviews of The Heat, The Strip, and The Hunt from the Big Bad Wolf Series and The Vampire King and The Phantom King from Heather’s new Vampire King Series.