Bewitched in Time (Salem Moon, #1) - Scarlet Black Have you ever finished a book and really liked it, but there was just something about it that kept you from loving it? That's where I was at the end of Salem Moon.I think Scarlet Black did an amazing job of bringing the reader back to 1692 Salem. The history of the witch trials through first hand experience was gripping and horrific. The irony of the world that Lucien transports Gabriel to made for a fantastic story. It really was a wonderful concept and parts of it flowed quite well. I didn't feel like the relationship between Gabriel and Lilly was forced. I actually liked their connection. It was magical, as it should be. I also didn't have a problem with the evilness that surrounded Lucien. Yes his actions were awful and what he did throughout the book was unforgivable, but he was evil incarnate. He acted pretty much how I expected him to. That doesn't mean I accepted his actions, it just means that I know evil exists and sometimes it appears in the books that I read.So, what didn't I like about Salem Moon? What exactly kept me from loving it? I guess if I had to put my finger on it, I'd have to say that some of the situations and solutions were just too convenient and lose ends that I didn't feel were tied up enough by the end had a lot to do with it. I know that this is the beginning of a series and some of this will probably be resolved in the next book, but I would have liked to have felt just a little less 'lost' at times.Having said all that, I still really did like Salem Moon. I will probably pick up the next book in the series and not just because it ended in a huge cliff hanger. I honestly want to know what happens to Gabriel and Lilly.