Samson's Lovely Mortal  - Tina Folsom Okay, there were a lot of things about this book that could have made me put it down and walk away. The opening sentence of the book, for instance. For some reason though, I decided to keep going and give it a chance. By the end, I was pleasantly surprised and glad I didn’t give up.Samson’s Lovely Mortal had a pretty good story behind all the humor once you got into it. The Scansguard Vampires are a loyal group of long time friends who respect each other. They also know how to have fun and there is a strong sense of family between them.As far as the love story goes, if not for my love of paranormal romance and the fact that I’m used to the way an alpha pairing usually works, I may have had a hard time connecting to Delilah and Samson. Their attraction was intense. They were both fairly broken and had really bad trust issue. Perfect set up for tension in any romance.There was a fair amount of action and mystery mixed in with the romance and humor. No one was certain who the real bad guys were till almost the end. That always keeps things interesting too.So where did the humor come from? I don’t want to give too much away, but – the alpha male is a vampire suffering from erectile dysfunction; the psychiatrist uses a coffin instead of a couch for his patients; and finally, the reasoning behind the vampire taking his girlfriend to couples’ counseling. Yeah, there were just a couple of slightly corny, comical moments.All in all, Samson’s Lovely Mortal turned out to be a pretty enjoyable read and a pleasant surprise. I’m glad I gave it a chance. The next vampire featured is Amaury. After being introduced to him in the first book, his book should be quite a treat. ;)