Lover Enshrined - J.R. Ward This was a hard one to read and even harder to put down. Lover Enshrined is Phury's story. He has basically been the tortured soul in the background up until now. Zsadist's twin that suffers for everything, only in this book you discover the actual depth of his suffering.His life has been made up by sacrifices, but he doesn't see it that way. No matter what he does it is never enough to make up for the pain and suffering he feels responsible for and he numbs the torture he puts himself through with addiction. There were times that I both loved and hated this book. There were times that I wished I could will myself into the pages and either shake some sense into the characters or lock certain people into a room until they were totally honest with themselves and each other. In short, the mom in me wanted to give them a really big time out!As per usual, there are several story arcs in this book. There are a lot of changes, surprises, shocks and yes, even some tender, happy moments - but you really have to work for those. If you've read the rest of the BDB books, this one will probably torture you as much as it did me, but you won't be sorry you took the time to read it.