Every Last Kiss (The Bloodstone Saga, #1) - Courtney Cole Sometimes freebies pay off, and this one definitely did. Even though this is a preview to Courtney Cole’s Bloodstone Saga, it isn’t lacking in anything. Absolutely noting.Cole begins her tale where a lot of YA novels start. Macy is a typical teenager. She has a boyfriend who has broken her heart and she has a best friend who gives her love and support. That is pretty much where the similarities end. She soon finds out that nothing is as it seems and she has lived several lives before this one. The journey that she eventually takes is amazing.Every Last Kiss is a combination of fantasy and historical YA fiction. When Macy gets sent back in time to the life that she spent with Cleopatra as Charmian, you can’t help but get swept up in the story right along with her. The imagery and emotion that is created just draws you in.The story weaves and turns and keeps you turning pages just to see exactly what the mystery is behind Macy/Charmian and the power that surrounds her. It took me a while to read this one, but it wasn’t because it was a slow read. I’m not sure why because the descriptions and action were flowing. A lot happened in Every Last Kiss and by the end there were some secrets revealed, but still a lot to learn. It took me by surprise when I found myself in tears near the end. Macy/Charmian was a very easy character to sympathize with and you almost felt as if you even knew Cleopatra a little better by the time you were finished. It gave her a human side, even though it was fiction, that will never have me look at that point in history exactly the same way.Needless to say, I will be checking out the rest of this series. Cole’s writing style is very easy to read and get emotionally vested in. Well worth the read.