Torn (Trylle Trilogy, #2) - Amanda Hocking So, the Trylle Trilogy was one of those series of books that I read that I never reviewed the first time around. My only excuse is that I actually read them before I started my blog. Even then, these books had many, many reviews on Amazon so I figured that my measly review would just get lost in the dozens that were already there. Now, of course, my reviewing attitude has changed considerably. In an attempt to make up for my neglectful ways, Deja vu Reviews was born. Of course, in order to do justice to these books in question a re-read was necessary. *sigh* The sacrifices that I make. ;) What kind of took me by surprise was, even though this isn’t even the first re-read that I’ve gone through with this series, I’m totally swept away by this story all over again. Okay, enough rambling….Torn takes up pretty much where Switched left off. A frustrated and heartbroken Wendy is back home where she thinks she belongs. Of course, things aren’t quite that simple and it doesn’t take long for her to realize that she can’t run away from her destiny. It isn’t going to give her a choice and literally comes after her in full force.Wendy, of course, ends up back at the Palace. On the way some important family history is revealed. Unfortunately, it’s not the only thing that people have hidden from her. That’s okay though, because one of the best parts of this book is the transformation that Wendy goes through because of that information. It could have crushed her, she could have run away again, but instead she grows stronger and fights for what she believes in and honestly tries to do the right thing. I love it when YA books portray teens in a way that proves that there is hope for the next generation. The young people in this trilogy are destined to make a difference and do what’s right and beyond tradition.Wendy’s family and allies play an important part in her story. They offer her the support and strength she needs to follow through. Matt is back and with her in the Palace. Willa turns into much more than the flighty, self absorbed girl we were first introduced to. Trove plays an important role in Wendy’s new life and new characters are introduced. Finn is still around causing confusion and more of the Vittra are introduced. In short, there is a lot of action, drama and even romance packed into the second book of the Trylle Trilogy. Some readers may not like the direction that Hocking takes her characters in this book, but I enjoyed the twists and turns.I’ve already started re-reading the last book, Ascend, as of the writing of this review. I planned on waiting, but once I got to the end of Torn, there was no turning back. I’m not sure if it was because I knew what was in store for the characters or not. I can’t pretend I don’t know what happens next, but I can tell you that if you are waiting on the next paperback release, it is well worth the wait. Fortunately, I have the original ebooks so I don’t have to wait. One day though I may just have to splurge on the paperbacks simply because the covers will look so good on one of my shelves. *sigh*