The Darkest Pleasure - Gena Showalter Readers knew from the time that the finished Darkest Knight that Reyes and Danika were destined to be together. It would have been logical for their story to follow Maddox and Ashlyn’s but that would have cut down on the suspense and tension that built up in these characters. Postponing their story gave readers something to look forward to, especially since we were given a taste of Reyes’ continued longing for Danika in Darkest Kiss. That ploy worked well in building the anticipation in Darkest Pleasure and turned it into a real page turner.Just because we knew that Danika and Reyes were destined to be together didn’t mean that it was going to be easy. These two characters should never have been a couple. Danika considered Reyes the enemy and hated her uncontrollable attraction to him. Reyes knew that Danika was better off without him. He knew that he would inevitably hurt her both physically and mentally and he loved her too much to risk it. It was an impossible relationship. The journey, heartbreak and experience that Gena Showalter put these characters through was amazing. Once I hit a certain point in this book, I couldn’t stop reading.This book wasn’t just about Reyes and Danika. One of the great parts about The Lords of the Underworld Series is that each book touches on the other Lords. Readers are given a glimpse into the other Lords’ lives. It helps build the anticipation for the other books in the series, but it also keeps you connected to the characters that were featured in past books. That’s a great aspect because I loved those characters and want their stories to continue.Aeron is obviously a key character in Darkest Pleasure, along with Danika’s family. Aeron’s plight is heartbreaking. His actions are contradictory to what his ‘brothers’ know is his nature. He is pulled to follow through, but everyone knows if he does he will never forgive himself. Some of the mystery behind Danika and her family is revealed in the book, but there is still more to learn. They basically spend most of the book trying to survive. Gena Showalter’s resolution to all of these impossible situations is amazing. There are a lot of twists and turns and just when you think it’s over, there’s another obstacle that knocks these characters for a loop. Did I mention that this was a page turner?Just a side note, I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking that Paris is going to totally break my heart before we get to his story. I know a lot of readers have already completed the series, but I became a fan of The Lords of the Underworld a little later. I didn’t start reading the books until a couple of months before Paris’ book (The Darkest Seduction) was released. Since I still have five books to go, it will be a little while before I get to it. That’s okay because I’m sure that Gena Showalter will spend a fair amount of time in those books getting me ready (or more than ready) to read it. *sigh*