Wolfsbane - Andrea Cremer The Nightshade Series is one that I seem to be stretching out. I finished Nightshade a very long time ago and then, for some reason I waited to pick up Wolfsbane. It could have been because I was waiting for it to come out in paperback, but I’m not sure. I think it’s a personal defense mechanism that I’m not consciously aware of. That nagging in the back of my mind that is telling me that I don’t want this series to end and not just because I loved the first book. I think it’s because I’m dreading the ending of the series because I’m not sure I’m going to like where it ends. *sigh* At the end of this internal battle, I decided to put on my big girl pants and dive in. The verdict? Well readers, I’m glad that I did.Wolfsbane takes up where Nightshade leaves off. Calla and Shay have been taken to their ‘enemy’s’ camp right after Calla’s world shatters. Nothing is as it seems and she basically learns that her whole life along with everything that she believes in was a lie. She has a lot of adjustments to make and Shay is the only anchor that she has to any reality other than her need to save her pack. There is obviously a lot of turmoil in this book. There’s also a lot of action, pain and confusion for everyone. Both the Searchers and the wolves have to learn to trust each other. Let’s just say it gets intense.I like the new characters and the twists and turns that the story takes. It’s always interesting when you are never really sure who you should and shouldn’t trust. I also like Shay and Calla together. I know that there are a lot of people who would disagree. I might feel differently by the end of the series, but right now that’s where my loyalty lies.There’s still a lot left to figure out for everyone and the end should have had me rushing out to get Bloodrose, but I’m still in no hurry. Yeah, I’m procrastinating big time. I’ve peeked at enough reviews that I know that the ending isn’t perfect. That’s not spoiling anything for me because, honestly, with the situation that these characters are left in there is absolutely no way that things can end perfect for everyone. I’ll get to it eventually, but for now I’m content to let the story sit for a while.