The Demon Lover (Fairwick Chronicles, #1) - Carol Goodman,  Juliet Dark I liked the premise of this book, I liked the mystery, the mythology, the characters and the writing. What I didn’t like is that it took me a while to get there. I’m a very patient reader or I may have given up, but in the end I am so very glad that I stuck with the story because about half way through it became impossible for me to put down.There are a lot of characters in this book – not just minor characters, but characters that you can tell are going to have some influence on where the rest of the books in the series go. You get to know quite a few of them as the story progresses and nobody is exactly who they seem to be, including Callie. That always makes for an interesting read.Some of the story was predictable, but not totally. There were times that I thought I had something figured out, but then there was another twist that led me in a totally different direction. This book is full of magic, suspense, pretty hot scenes (since we’re talking about an incubus and the title is Demon Lover, that should come as no surprise) and action. Good and bad isn’t cut and dry in Demon Lover and that always keeps things interesting as well.When I came to the end of Demon Lover I had to go back and make sure that this book was part of a series. I would have had a totally different opinion of the ending if it wasn’t. There was so much more that I wanted to learn about the characters and Callie is left in a position at the end where just about anything could happen. I never would have thought considered it at the beginning of the book, but I will be watching for the next installment of the Fairwick Chronicles.