Cat Scratch Fever - Jodi Redford It should be no surprise that I am a fan of paranormal romance. There was a time when that genre for me was synonymous with vampire romance. I have since broadened my horizons, so to speak. Stepping out of my ‘vampire’ comfort zone led me to venture into the vast paranormal world. Who knew that there were so many to chose from? There are a few authors who I know will never disappointment me with a unique twist and just enough heat to make things interesting. Jodi Redford is high on that list of authors. That being said, when she sent out requests to review a new book, how could I possibly refuse? Obviously I couldn’t. ;)I wasn’t really sure what to expect from Cat Scratch Fever. I’ve read all the books in Jodi’s That Old Black Magic Series and was very familiar with her style of writing and the characters. That series mixes the shifting world with the world of magic and the symbiotic relationship between the two works very well. Cat Scratch Fever is centered strictly around the shifter world, and guess what? It works too!From the first chapter this book sucked me in. It wasn’t just the heat and tension, and trust me, there was a LOT of heat and tension, but that’s not the only thing that kept me turning pages. The draw and connection between the characters, the mystery, the loyalty of the family and friends and Lilly and Dante’s ultimate love for each other kept me reading. I loved the twists and turns and even though the inherent, obvious evil wasn’t present there was still enough action and good vs bad to make things interesting.The only complaint that I had at the end of Cat Scratch Fever is that I wanted more. Hopefully Jodi has more planned for Lilly and Dante because they have turned into one of my favorite shifter couples.