One Grave at a Time - Jeaniene Frost Okay, let me just start this review off by saying I love Cat & Bones. I really, really do and I really did like this book. It just wasn’t my favorite. I know that this is the part where I’m supposed to come up with some sound reasons why it didn’t grab me the way the rest of the Night Huntress books did, but I can’t. It’s not that I don’t want to. I’d love to be able to give you a sound reason. Maybe by the end of this review we can figure it out together, but I’m not making any promises.Cat and Bones are a great couple. They’ve been through so much together that they know what does and doesn’t work in their relationship. Bones sees Cat’s strengths and weaknesses better than she does. It’s fun to watch the way they play off of each other. They just get better and better and their powers get stronger and stronger. At least some of their powers.A lot of our favorite characters are back in One Grave at a Time. Spade, Denise, Ian, Fabian, Don and Cat’s mother all have face time in this installment. I could have used more Spade and Denise. What can I say, I have my favorite couples. New characters were introduced that we will hopefully see more of in future books. Ian was typical Ian. He’s a character that I never really thought I would like, but he’s growing on me. His snarkiness is front and center in One Grave at a Time and with all the drama it was a welcome addition.There were some lose ends left at the end of One Grave at a Time that I am sure will be taken care of in future books. It would have been nice to solve a little bit of the mystery, but I can appreciate why. I’m not sure when the next book comes out or if it will be a book in this series on in one of Frost’s other series. I know some people don’t like the fact that the series are connected, but I actually like the variety and intertwining. It keeps things fresh and interesting.I’m not sure if I solved the mystery of why this wasn’t one of my favorites, but it’s still worth a read. It just didn’t get under my skin and blow me away like the previous books have. That may be just me though. You’ll have to let me know if you walk away from One Grave at a Time with the same feeling.