Getting Familiar with Your Demon (That Old Black Magic, #4) - Jodi Redford Thanks to Jodi Redford I will never picture a cute little black cat when I think of a witch’s familiar. Of course, thanks to Jodi Redford, I will never look at a lot of things the same way again, but that’s another story entirely. ;)Getting Familiar With Your Demon is Marabella’s story. Marabella has been around throughout That Old Black Magic Series, but mainly in the background. She’s a loyal friend, a witch who practices white magic and she spends a lot of her time trying to get out from under the control of her mother. She was about the most unlikely witch in her coven to end up falling for a demon. So, logically, that’s exactly who Marabella is destined to end up with. As the story unfolds, the possibility becomes even more unlikely. That’s what makes the books in this series so much fun.The mythology in these books turns every preconceived notion about witches, shifters, demons and other supernaturals upside down. There’s enough of the familiar there to keep it balanced, but beyond that, there are no rules. Demons aren’t all bad, angels aren’t all good and shifters can be almost any animal imaginable – really. I love that about these books. There are no rules and just when you think you know where the story is going to go, it takes you in another direction entirely.If you haven’t started That Old Black Magic Series yet, start with That Voodoo You Do. These books aren’t for every reader. (Ahem… those cute little warnings added to the descriptions are for real ;) ) If, however, you are looking for a good, sexy and different paranormal series it is definitely worth checking out. The stories and plots are good, the guys are hot and there is plenty of mystery, action and romance. A perfect diversion from the norm.