The Initiate (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #0.5) - Megg Jensen I can’t say that this was a surprise. In the back of my mind I always wondered if Megg Jensen’s Cloud Prophet Trilogy and The Swarm Trilogy were connected somehow. The Initiate solves that mystery.There is a lot packed into this short story. A lot of information, a lot of intense emotion and a little more mystery that helps us look forward even more to the rest of The Swarm Trilogy. Readers were first introduced to Eloh in the Cloud Prophet Trilogy. The Eloh that we meet in The Initiate is a totally different being. Instead of being the bearer of information, she is the one who receives it. It’s her beginning and it’s an amazing one at that.I really enjoyed this story. It was a perfect length to finish at one sitting and it gave you just enough information to make you want more. Regardless of the short length, Megg’s flowing descriptions and her characters’ depth and emotions don’t suffer in the least. If you want a taste of Megg’s writing, The Initiate would be a perfect place to start. If you are like me and have read through The Cloud Prophet Trilogy and Sleepers, you can use this short connection to help with the wait for the next installment of The Swarm Trilogy.