The Seven Year Witch (That Old Black Magic, #2) - Jodi Redford The Seven Year Witch is the second book in Jodi Redford’s That Old Black Magic series. It pretty much takes up where the first book in the series, That Voodoo You Do, left off.I love the mix of paranormals that Jodi has created. The concept of witches and familiars isn’t a new one, but the connection that Jodi’s witches have with their shape shifting familiars is a unique spin. It also leaves the door wide open for territorial, alpha male possessiveness that the author takes full advantage of ~ in very creative ways. (Let’s just say it will be a long time before I drink champagne without certain images coming to mind.) ;)This book was about two very strong willed, fiercely loyal individuals. We found out at the end of That Voodoo You Do that Logan wanted Clarissa. In The Seven Year Witch we find out exactly how much he wants her and how deep his love goes. I fell in love with Logan’s snarkiness in the first book. He was sarcastic, funny and my original description of him being ‘a mess’ still stands. He was the personification of bad boy. Not at all the character that I expected to be capable of breaking my heart. Well, brace yourself. The pain that both of these characters go through is heart wrenching. Clarissa is in a no win situation and does the only thing she feels she can do to save a loved one. Logan refuses to give up even when he’s pushed away. *sigh*There’s still a lot of light-hearted banter between the characters. Not to mention the steaminess that you would expect in That Old Black Magic series. There’s a lot of action and the ‘bad guy’ in this one is beyond evil, so basically, there is something for everyone. Well, probably not everyone, but if you read That VooDoo You Do and want to know if the sequel measures up? No worries. Jodi delivers just as much in The Seven Year Witch as she did in the opening book. There is also some nice set-up to the next book in the series, Maximum Witch. I can’t wait to see what Jodi has in store for us next. ;)