First Drop of Crimson - Jeaniene Frost Spade has spiked my curiosity since the first time we met him in Bones' cave. I knew there was much more to him than the bits and pieces we have discovered in the first 4 books in the Night Huntress series. I am so glad that Frost decided to start the Night Huntress World books with his story.Turns out Spade is the perfect tormented and damaged character. He has loved and lost and never wants to feel that pain again. Who better for him to fall for than another damaged character, Denise. All of us who have followed Cat and Bones' story so far have been witness to Denise's pain. It seems really cruel of Frost to bring her even more, but the real story here is how she handles it. Both of these characters grow a lot in this story and it's almost worth all the torturous sexual tension that Frost puts us through to get there.If you haven't read the first 4 books in the series you will probably still enjoy this book because it is a stand alone novel. I think you will get a lot more out of it if you read it in the order that Frost recommends. You can find that time line list here. You get just enough of a glimpse of characters from the other books that it helped me to know some of their background. Especially when it came to the "love" that everyone had for Ian. It should be fun to see how Frost turns him into a vamp worthy of love. He's just too much fun to detest. He has to have some redeeming qualities though to be worthy of Bones' and Spades friendship.The next book on that list is Eternal Kiss of Darkness. which centers on Mencheres. I'll probably step away from the Night Huntress World for a while now. I need a little bit of a break. I will be back soon though.