Blameless - Gail Carriger Can I just say that I am absolutely in love with this series. I know I keep saying this, but it is just plain fun to read. There is no other description for it. It’s smart, witty and laugh out loud funny. End of story. Well, to be honest, there is a lot more to the story. Which is part of what makes The Parasol Protectorate such an excellent series to get caught up in.Alexia is front and center in this book, as is to be expected. The real gem of this book is the supporting characters. They all seem to be coming into their own and even flighty Ivy has some unexpected substance in her character. Who knew? Of course as Professor Lyall guessed, she couldn’t have been a friend of Alexia’s and been totally without merit now could she? I did miss Lord Akeldama and his flowery presence, but under the circumstances, he is forgiven. I do hope to see him more in the following books though.There is so much that goes on in this book, I’m finding it hard to review it without giving anything away. It’s safe to say though that anyone who was less than happy with the ending of Changeless will be appeased by Blameless – to an extent. ;) There are still mysteries to be solved and answers to be had, but isn’t that what keeps us clamoring for the next book? Ms. Carriger is very clever that way.