The Iron King - Julie Kagawa The Iron King was a great introduction to the Iron Fey series. Enough said.Well, maybe I should say a little more. :) Meghan grew up knowing nothing about her background and as we are introduced to her she gets thrown full force into a mythical world that she had no idea even existed. Not only is she thrown into it, but she has a bigger part in it than she could ever have imagined. She begins her journey into the world of the Fey with one goal, to save her brother. Through the course of her journey it becomes much more than that and Nevernever becomes more important to her than she ever expected.I love the relationships that Meghan creates with the unlikely characters that she meets along the way. Her loyalty to them and her family prove to the reader that she is a heroin worth following. The players keep changing and her allies come from unexpected sources. Julie keeps you guessing and on the edge of your seat throughout the whole story. The ending is really a cliff hanger, but it leaves you guessing enough to want to be able to get your hands on the next book. Luckily for me, I started this series late, so I only have to wait long enough for the next book to show up in my mailbox. There are advantages to holding off on a series until the author has a few books completed. In this case, procrastination is a good thing. :)