Envy  - J.R. Ward Okay, my opinion hasn’t changed. I still love this series. I did go into this one with an attitude however, so I may have been a little jaded. FYI - there is nothing worse than browsing through comments on a fan site and stumbling upon a spoiler that is so blatant that you want to smack the person who wrote it. The whole time I read the book I knew what was coming, which kind of ruined the suspense, but it didn’t take away from the emotion that the event in question caused. The only thing that I’m saying is that there will be tears. Now, on with the review.Jim’s soul to be saved in Envy belongs to Veck. He is evidently a character introduced in Lover Unleashed, which I haven’t read yet so I can’t really recommend reading one before the other. It didn’t seem to take away from the story so I don’t think it matters. Veck’s love interest is Reilly and their conflict and inevitable romance is front and center. The sexual tension between this pair is fought harder than I think it has been between any other couple so far. They had so much going against them that it was really debatable about whether or not they would ever get beyond it all. That in itself made it hard to put this one down.All the players were torn apart emotionally in this one, so no one was immune to Ward’s usual torment. Eddie, Jim and Adrian were at odds, Veck was at odds with his past and his feelings for Reilly, Devina was at odds with her existence in general with Jim being her main attraction, even Nigel had is own side story going on in the background. There is definitely enough in Envy to keep everyone interested no matter who your favorite character is.As far as the tears go, you’ll just have to read it and see. I won’t give anything away, but know this, you won’t see it coming. Do yourself a favor and don’t read any fan pages that mention anything at all about Envy until you’ve had a chance to read it for yourself. You can thank me later.