Linger - Maggie Stiefvater Because of the way Maggie left Sam and Grace at the end of Shiver, I wasn't in a rush to read Linger. Their story could have ended there and I would have been happy. I would have gotten to it eventually, I was just taking my time. Then I lent Shiver to my oldest daughter. She called me as soon as she was finished and asked if I had Linger. That was the end of my procrastination. Both Linger and Forever were ordered and here we are.Linger brings everything front and center as far as the characters go. We learn a lot more about each individual character including the new pack members, namely Cole. Maggie's in depth descriptions help you get lost in not only the surroundings but in the emotions that each character is feeling. One of my favorite aspects of Maggie's writing in this series is that she gives each character a voice. She shares the point of view of all the key players individually and it really adds to the character depth. She has a way of making you feel the emotions of each person, both happy and sad. Granted, there isn't a lot of happy in this book, but when it is there, you feel it.If I had one complaint about this book it is I wish there was at least one parent that had their act together and at least acted like they cared about their kids. There were a couple of adults that had some redeeming qualities and acted like they actually cared, but they weren't the parents of these teens. I'm not finding fault in the story, I just wished that Sam, Grace, Isabelle and Cole didn't feel like they had no one to turn to but themselves. It wouldn't have made for as dramatic a story, but it also wouldn't have made me feel like I needed to shake some sense into some of these adults. Grace's parents irritated me in Shiver, but they infuriated me in Linger. It wasn't the fact that they punished their daughter, that is a parental right and responsibility. What bothered me, and Grace, was that they acted like parents only when they really wanted to. The rest of the time Grace was on her own. One of my favorite lines in the book came from Cole and is directed to Grace's dad near the end of the book. I don't want to give anything away, but you'll know what I'm talking about as soon as you see it, trust me. If it was a scene in a movie, it would have been followed by cheering.Ok, enough with the soap box. As happy as I was to leave Grace and Sam at the end of Shiver, there is no possible way that I can now wait to start Forever. I'm going to have to trust Maggie to help these kids overcome all the hardship that they went through and make me as happy with their outcome as I was at the end of Shiver.