I Loved You First - Reena Jacobs I first found out about I Loved You First by Reena Jacobs from a fellow book blogger - aobibliosphere aobibliosphere The description enticed me and after reading the first chapter I was totally hooked. The story centers around two college freshmen who have been best friends since elementary school, Alex and Seth. Alex is the only person in the world who knows Seth has a secret. Seth is gay and doesn't want anyone to know. Alex has no problem keeping the secret, the only problem is he's not only her best friend, she's also in love with him. You can see the problems facing these two characters. That's the premise that drew me to this book. I had no idea how far the book would draw me in once I started. Once I began, I couldn't stop. I started reading and finished in one evening. Not sure exactly how long it is page wise because I read it on my Kindle, but the length doesn't matter. The depth of feeling you get from these characters is what's important. And boy is there depth.I have read books that have made me tear up a little, but there were parts of this story that made me actually cry. Granted, it was late and I was tired, but I think if I would have read this book in the middle of the afternoon my reaction would have been the same. This book deals with prejudice, family, friendship, loyalty and love and holds nothing back. Reena does a wonderful job of bringing all these emotions to the forefront. The story is told from Alex's point of view, but you have no problem at all sensing the emotions of the other characters as well. The aspect of gay prejudice is handled wonderfully, but it goes even deeper than that. It is definitely a book that I would recommend to anyone.